KEEPING YOU SAFE THROUGHOUT COVID-19 WHEN YOU ARRIVE
• You will be greeted on arrival at the entrance where guest names / party if possible are confirmed.
• Reception employees will encourage just one representative of each arriving group to approach the check-in desk while the others stick to physical distancing measures.
RECEPTION & CHECKIN
• Use of safety screens at front desk for safety.
• Contactless Check in to be provided.
• Safety and Hygiene instructions to be given to each guest or party in line with new SOP.
• Provide small hand sanitiser for guest usage on reception desk.
• Safety floor signage is in place to ensure queue safety is managed correctly and ensure physical distancing measures are maintained.
WHAT YOU WILL NOTICE DURING YOUR STAY GENERAL
• All colleagues will wear PPE equipment where stipulated by Government health and the WHO guidelines.
• Social distancing markers will be visible on the floors.
• Touchless hand sanitisers will be readily available throughout the main hotel and non-visible service areas of the hotel.
• Signage to encourage and remind people about regular hand cleaning and social distancing protocols will be visible throughout the hotel and non-visible service areas.
• Touchless payment and emailed invoices will be encouraged.
• Elevator signage will advise that only two guests may travel per elevator – unless they are part of a group travelling together.
• Furniture will be rearranged to allow for adequate social distancing.
GUESTS CORRIDORS / LIFTS & STAIRCASES
• Guests should travel directly to and from their rooms by the shortest route to and from the ground floor with safety instructions posted at various locations on each corridor.
• Guests should not stop for prolonged periods on any part of a guest corridor or staircase which may cause that corridor or staircase to be impassable to other guests at a safe distance.
• Only Guests from the same party may use the elevator to a maximum of two guests at a time.
• All common touch points on guest corridors, lifts and staircases will receive more frequent disinfection and sanitisation.
GUEST BEDROOMS & HOUSEKEEPING
• Government and WHO guidelines for cleaning and sanitising guest rooms will be adhered to. Frequently touched areas will be thoroughly disinfected regularly during your stay. (ie: telephones, remote controls, handles, taps etc.). A fresh set of microfiber cloths is used for each room to avoid cross contamination.
Housekeeping will open windows when servicing a room, ensuring adequate ventilation.
• Guests will adhere to the linen usage policy in place and linen will only be changed on each 2nd day. • Stayover rooms will not be serviced unless a service is requested to minimise Team Member / Guest Contacts.
All One use Rooms Collateral such as menus, paper and pens, magazines etc will be removed from the guest room & will be available upon request.
• Common touch points such as the telephone and television remote control will receive additional sanitisation measures.
• Team Members using PPE when servicing rooms and trained on the correct disposal of PPE
• Extra pillows and blankets will only be provided on request.
• Our linen providers, OCL Linen, have used their extensive experience in processing healthcare linen to develop procedures for safe processing of hospitality linen for the protection of employees and customers. OCL Linen’s expertise in serving the healthcare markets always strictly follow all stringent guidelines for safely processing contaminated linens. OCL Linen is an EN14065 RABC accredited company which operates to the highest possible industry standards. As such, the business processes are guaranteed, and OCL Linen guarantees the strictest quality requirements in terms of hygiene, monitoring, and continuity.
DINING AT THE CORRALEA COURT HOTEL
• Dining Tables will be adequately spaced apart and the number of diners will be reduced in all of our Dining Outlets, in line with safety protocols.
• Opening & Closing Times of our outlets will be provided on arrival.
• All meals will be provided “a la carte” style.
• All condiments have been removed from dining tables and can be served to you by your waiting team.
• Cleanable laminated menus will be offered to comply with hygiene standards.
• All orders will be taken at tables and drinks dispensed by specific staff members and individual station waiters will be responsible for the service and hygiene of their specific stations during service.
• Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner – will be a plated style a la carte service.
• Breakfast and dinner must be booked in advance
• All tables / chairs disinfected after each guest use.
PUBLIC AREAS, RESTROOMS & SMOKING AREAS
• Guests must not congregate in large groups in any of the public areas of the hotel.
• Guest must not block guest access routes to lifts or staircases which cause such routes to be impassable to other guests.
• Guests should use the bathroom facilities in their own rooms only to minimise guest to guest contact. • Whereby a guest must use the public restrooms, guests should maintain a distance of at least 2 metres from any person in the vicinity.
• All common touch points on guest corridors, lefts and staircases will receive more frequent disinfection and sanitisation.
• Guests should not congregate in large numbers in smoking areas and should maintain a physical distance of at least two metres from anyone else in the vicinity.
• On check out please use designated overflow area at desk to reduce queuing and enhance physical distancing.
• We would request that all of our guests would inform the hotel post their stay of any illness or symptoms of Covid-19 so as to minimise any potential risk.
BEHIND THE SCENES
• Prominent signage and hand sanitiser dispensers are located throughout the service and back areas of the hotel.
• All public areas are cleaned and sanitised in line with Government and WHO guidelines. Extra care is given to sanitise high-touch points such as chair arms, tables, handrails, door handles etc.
• All soft furnishings are steamed regularly.
• Vacuum cleaner bags are changed regularly.
• Food Safety/HACCP* – We will continue to observe the strictest good hygiene practice across all areas of food preparation for our restaurants and in-room dining. *Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point.
• All dining areas will be ventilated after each meal period.
• Goods delivered to the hotel will be inspected, and goods arriving in dirty containers or unsatisfactory vehicles will be immediately rejected.
• Our goods received area will be cleaned and disinfected at regular intervals and after each period of use.
• All food and food contact goods are date coded on arrival and quarantined as appropriate in a designated area. Dry goods are left for 48-72 hours before transferring them to our food stores.
• Chilled Items – where possible outer packaging is removed on unloading, otherwise outer packaging will be cleaned using the appropriate cleaning agents.
• Deliveries are scheduled to allow sufficient time between deliveries to adhere to our safety protocols and also allow for safe distancing during delivery times.
• Waste collection will never coincide with linen and food deliveries.
IN THE KITCHEN
.Kitchens and food prep areas continue to be regularly sanitised and extra care is given to high-touch points. i.e.: food equipment, food contact surfaces, chopping boards etc.
• We have limited the number of colleagues to a minimum and workstations have been re-arranged so that colleagues are not facing each other.
• Colleagues will work in “teams” to reduce unnecessary interactions and contact between individual colleagues.
• All kitchen teams wear disposable masks, gloves, hairnets and other safety equipment as dictated by HACCP based policies. All items are sanitised with appropriate cleaning chemicals, cleaned and replaced as per local policies.
• All knives and utensils are pasteurised in a dishwasher at a rinse of 82C or sterilised using an autoclave or boiling water.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY MEASURES OUR TEAM ARE TAKING
• Mandatory temperature checks will be implemented at the start of each work shift.
• Any colleague experiencing COVID-19 symptoms will be asked not to attend work and to contact their local Public Health centre.
• Hand sanitiser will be used before entering the hotel premises, throughout the day and again when leaving.
• Colleagues have been instructed to avoid any unnecessary contact or conversation with guests. Naturally, we are saddened to have to enforce this protocol, as it is out of nature, however we must keep safety to the forefront.
• Supervisors will monitor the proper use of all PPE and ensure that it is disposed of and replaced in accordance with Government guidelines.
• Colleague shifts are staggered to ensure adequate social distancing during break times and all colleagues will comply with the 2m social distancing rules.
• Additional training has been provided and supervisors will continue to monitor strict compliance with regards to regular hand washing hygienic cough etiquette.
• All windows will be kept open where possible for good ventilation. • High touch-points in offices are disinfected regularly.
Corralea Court Hotel
The Square, Tuam,
+353 (0) 93 24188